13 LUCKY RULES TO GET YOUR WRITING NOTICED!
HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE HANDLERS: MILITARY WIVES SHARE THEIR MOVING STORIES
Do You Have a Story?
In her 2006 book HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE: THE MOVING LIFE OF A SOLDIER’S WIFE, author Marna Krajeski held up a magnifying glass to Army life and captured the ups and downs, the idiosyncrasies and the inspirations, the enchanting and the exasperating. Now Krajeski and publisher Wyatt-MacKenzie invite others to share their heartwarming, insightful, and humorous stories about moving, marriage, motherhood and the military.
What makes a good HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE HANDLERS story?
A HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE HANDLERS story is a frank, often funny, always friendly, true account about military family life that entertains and enlightens the reader. It’s the beautifully expressed personal story of an adventure, an event, a lesson learned, a simple joy, or an occurrence that epitomizes military life.
If you have a lively military story you would like to include in HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE HANDLERS: MILITARY WIVES SHARE THEIR MOVING STORIES, please send your submissions along with a self-addressed stamped envelope for a reply to:
HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE HANDLERS
Attention: Marna Krajeski
P.O. Box 1402
Kingston, RI 02881
Or email them to email@example.com. We won’t open attachments so paste your stories in the body of the email.
Please keep copies as we are unable to return materials. Include your name, address, phone number, and email address so we can contact you.
- Stories must be received by August 1, 2007
- The maximum word count is 1200 words.
- For each story selected in the book, a 50 word biography will be included about the author.
- If your contribution is chosen, you will receive 3 complimentary copies of the book and a publishing credit.
- Spouses from all branches of service, past and present, are invited to participate.
- There are no limits to the number of submissions.
- HOUSEHOLD BAGGAGE HANDLERS will be released in Spring 2008 with a national publicity campaign.
- See www.HouseholdBaggage.com for more information.
Forward this to your friends!